Looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community? Catholic Social Services may be the answer.

Office of Safe Environment

Office of Safe Environment

Where can I get food for my family?

The Solanus Casey Food Pantry is located in New Bedford, Massachusetts in our New Bedford Office and serves residents on the Southcoast, Massachusetts, including Bristol county.

Where can I find a safe place to spend the night?

CSS provides basic and emergency needs to families and individuals with pressing needs: Food, utility and rental assistance, homelessness, and as needed financial assistance for other types of needs.

My mortgage rate is about to adjust, what can I do?

Our Housing and Housing Retention Programs are funded through Catholic Charities USA, and Fannie Mae.  The program offers housing counseling for both homeowners and renters alike, addressing foreclosures, pre-purchase counseling, credit counseling, and budget counseling.

My utilities are being terminated, what should I do?

For financial assistance, We help many with their first and last month’s rent payments in order to secure housing. In some cases, CSS also assists individuals/families with back rent (arrears).

Where can I get help for my disabled child?

The Office for Persons with Disabilities (OPD) provides advocacy, mediation, and resolution around basic needs, education and SPED (special education) law, ADA (American with Disabilities Act of 1990) law, and conflicts with state services for all-age persons with disabilities and their care takers. Additionally, we provide education, resources, training, and service referrals for clients with disabilities and disability issues.

Where can I get legal help for an immigration issue?

CLICK HERE to learn about free and low-cost legal services for low-income refugees and immigrants, including assistance with immigration documents, and legal representation before government agencies.

Where do I report potential abuse in the Diocese?

The Office for Child Protection is responsible for ensuring the necessary safety and security for all children as they participate in Church and religious activities.

How to I get an out-of-state background check?

Click here. (you will need a Credit Card, as this service cost $6)