Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference in your community? If so, Catholic Social Services may be the answer.
We have offices and/or programs in the following locations:
- Fall River
- New Bedford
GIVE YOUR TIME TO HELP OTHERS IN NEED
Volunteers are the livelihood of our agency. Volunteers provide a variety of support, including teaching English as a second language, managing the food pantry, answering telephones, mentoring individuals in our programs. There are many ways to utilize your talents and skills to help.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Prior to volunteering at Catholic Social Services, there are some things that we require (both for your safety and the safety of our clients). If you are interested in volunteering, please call Dennis Canulla at (508) 674-4681. The process for most volunteers is as follows:
- Complete a brief intake over the phone to share your interests and availability
- Complete a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) background check.
- For out of state CORI’s please visit Selection.com (you will need a credit card as this service cost $6)
- Sign the Code of Conduct.
- Review the CSS Volunteer Policy and Procedures
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPENINGS
We have the following types of volunteer opportunities, some all year round, some are more sporadic, based on current need:
- Translation services (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Sorting donations
- Helping with the food pantry
- Yard work
- Indoor painting
- Creating events for shelter clients, such as a children’s party, or teaching a skill to clients, such as a cooking class, art class, typing class, etc.
- Sponsoring a room in one of our shelters, which would include painting, decorating, new furniture, bedding, etc.
- We also provide internships whenever possible